I am amazed that my Dad dug out the original bill of sale from July, 1958 when he bought the Desoto from Henry's Garage. $200 for a classic vintage auto! Wow! I've erased his name and town, because, unfortunately, it's a sign of the times my friend.
My Dad purchased this 1933 Desoto 4 Door Sedan back in August, 1958 for $250. It was our families beloved "Grandpa" car until 1964, when circumstances changed and he felt that he needed to sell the car. Over the ensuing 47 years, conversation would come back to the Grandpa car..where was it, was it still the same or was it now a hot rod? My Dad would say, "I was so stupid selling that car." and "I wish that I could get it back....in 2011, his wish came true...
PRESERVING THE PAST FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS
We believe in preserving autos such as this rare, depression era 1933 Desoto, so that future generations might gather insight into our past and how we progressed to our present and future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment